January 22, 2011

The simple joys

There are many a few mornings during the week where I have to get up at 4:30am for work. This wouldn't be SO bad but I tend to not go to sleep until 10:30 or 11:00 and then Finley is still getting up one or two times during the night. (except for the FOUR times she has slept through the night). The last week seemed to be particularly rough in the sleep category. After several nights of only getting 3-4 hours of sleep, I was a walking zombie by Friday.

Last night I was asleep by 10:30, got up at 1:00 to put a pacifier back in, 5:00 to feed and then slept until 9:15am! That was practically 10 hours of sleep! I couldn't believe that Finley would sleep in that late, she usually gets up around 8:15. When I went into her room she was lying in her crib wide awake, quiet as a lamb. I think she knew that momma needed the sleep. Love the simple things that bring joy in our lives.

Not only that, but here she lies, happy as a clam while momma sips her coffee, eating corn pops and catches up on her internet addictions.


Paul is at a track meet at the University of Michigan all day today. Finley and I have a fun filled day of cleaning, crafting, Hobby Lobby, Target and Gilmore Girls. Couldn't ask for a more perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment